Sunday 21 October 2012

Showcase Sunday #5

This is a meme hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea where bloggers taking part showcase their new books.

Given to me (!!):

The Dead of Winter by Chris Priestley:  This looks like a horror, which isn't the genre I usually choose, but I'm going to give it a read anyway.  :)
Tyme's End by R. Collins:  Again, this looks like a horror.
My Name is Mina by David Almond:  I've heard quite a lot about this and Skellig by the same author, but I've never been interested enough to read them.  I have read that the book makes more sense if you read Skellig first, but I'm going to read My Name is Mina first - although it's not what I'd usually read it stll looks quite good.

From the library:


Matched by Ally Condie:  Despite this being in a genre I like (dystopian), I don't think I'm going to love Matched, but I'm trying to read books I would not usually choose at the moment to read a bit more of a variety.
Seizure by Kathy Reichs:  I enjoyed the first book, Virals, so I'm wondering if this is going to be as good, better, or worse....
Time Riders: City of Shadows by Alex Scarrow:  I only realised as I picked this up to read yesterday that it wasn't the first in the series! *facepalm*.  I'll still read it anyway, but if it's very confusing because I've not read the others I won't review it.



16 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy all your books this week, looks like a great variety! I read Matched a while ago, it was pretty good, although I haven't picked up the sequel yet! Interesting concept though. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! I wanted to read Matched SO BADLY! Awesome haul! :D

    Here's my Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some Brilliant Books! OMG! I need to read Matched! I have seen some great reviews about them.

    I hope you enjoy all your books. Here's my My SS

    New Follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the books that were given to you look so awesome! Great library haul too :) Matched was okay, but not my favourite. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoy them all - I haven't read any of them yet, but Matched (and the rest of the series) is on my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab books! My Name is Mina, Matched and Seizure are all amazing, I hope you enjoy them. I need to read the Time Riders series so badly! :D Happy reading :)
    My SS: http://bookhi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/showcase-sunday-11_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dead of winter looks good! And I like the cover from Tyme's end.

    Happy reading! :D
    Showcase Sunday @thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul.

    My Name Is Nina sounds interesting as I enjoyed the TV film of Skellig.

    Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete