Monday 16 July 2012

Review: The Truth About Celia Frost by Paula Rawsthorne

Celia Frost is a freak. At least, that's what everyone thinks. Her life is ruled by a rare disorder that means she could bleed to death from the slightest cut, confining her to a gloomy bubble of 'safety'. No friends. No fun. No life.

But when a knife attack on Celia has unexpected consequences, her mum reacts strangely - and suddenly they're on the run. Why is her mum so scared? Someone out there knows. And when they find Celia, she's going to wish the truth was a lie.


A buried secret, a gripping manhunt, a dangerous deceit... What is the truth about Celia Frost?


This book sounded differant and interesting, so I really wanted to read it!
I wasn't dissapointed at all with it.  I didn't know what to expect, and what I found was a book full of excitement that was tense and had me gripped from the start.  I couldn't wait to get to the end and find out anwers to all the questions that I had throughout the book.  Fortunatly, all the things I had been wondering about were explained.
Although this book definately wasn't confusing, it was one of those books where as I read on, I understood things that happened earlier in the book better - and I love books like that!  Some of the chapters were from the point of view of someone who was trying to find Celia and her mum, which made the book more mysterious and added more excitement in parts that might have been otherwise boring.
To start with I liked Celia, the main character, but when she discovered there wasn't anything wrong with her I started to dislike her.  I didn't like how she tried hard to make her mum angry or worried, and it just annoyed me a bit.  however, that's pretty much my only complaint about the book!

I really liked this book.  It was gripping, exciting and I didn't predict what was going to happen at all - I really could not guess the reason why Celia's mum was so worried about her.

Rating: 4/5

1 comment: