Monday 14 May 2012

Review: Deadlock by Julia Golding

Hello!  This is my first post and review :).
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Third in the Darcie Lock series. What if the right man for the job is actually a girl? Darcie Lock is facing her toughest mission yet. Forced to take refuge in a castle on the Cornish coast, she lands in the middle of a UN peace conference that is about to spin out of control. When a hostage situation develops, she is one of the two agents left free on the inside - the only problem is that her partner is an old enemy she last met when he tried to kill her. Being a teenager has never been so dangerous. The perfect action thriller for girls who don’t want to let boys have all the fun.



This book is by one of my favourite authors in one of my favourite series!  Do not be put off by the cover, which makes the book appear a bit girly - this book is full of action and not girly at all.

This new book in the amazing Darcie Lock series by Julia Golding is just as, if not more, exciting than the other installments in the series.  I loved the previous books, so I immediatly knew this was going to be great - and it didn't dissapoint me.

I was gripped by this book from the beginning, and I was desperate to find out what would happen at the end, reading it as fast as possible - only for it to end on a massive cliffhanger!  It was action packed, unpredictable and exciting, while still being realistic and beliveable. This definatly added to how good it was, as many books in the same genre can be quite unrealistic.  Despite the action, the book didn't get confusing at all and it was easy to follow and understand what was happening.

The characters were also great, and by the end of the book I felt like I actually knew them - all through the book I felt happy, sad or shocked along with them!

Overall this book was fabulous.  I would seriously reccomend this book to people who enjoy reading action books - I'm so suprised this series isn't more popular!  Definatly try to read the first and second books before this one as it will make the book easier to understand.  I think a fourth book in the series would be amazing - especially to find out what happens after the cliffhanger - so fingers crossed!

Rating: 5/5

You can't buy this book in a shop or borrow it from a library - here is the author's website where you can find out more about buying it: http://www.juliagolding.co.uk/

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant review! I love action books (I've read a lot of the Alex Rider novels and all of the Gallagher Girls books - they're fab)! This book looks really good, thanks for sharing! It's always so frustrating when you read an amazing book or series and not many people know about it!

    Do you have a follower button? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I have added a follower button, well I think it's a follower button xD it's the icon that says 'join this site' at the side of the page which I clicked on to follow others so it must be the right thing.

      I love action too! I have read the Gallagher Girls and starting reading the Alex Rider books. I wasn't too keen on Gallagher Girls but have enjoyed the first Alex Rider book :). If you don't want to buy this book, I highly reccomend the others in the series (Ringmaster and Empty Quarter) which you can get at a book shop or library :).

      Delete
  2. Hi! I have added a follower button, well I think it's a follower button xD it's the icon that says 'join this site' at the side of the page which I clicked on to follow others so it must be the right thing.

    I love action too! I have read the Gallagher Girls and starting reading the Alex Rider books. I wasn't too keen on Gallagher Girls but have enjoyed the first Alex Rider book :). If you don't want to buy this book, I highly reccomend the others in the series (Ringmaster and Empty Quarter) which you can get at a book shop or library :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved this series and re-read it so many times. I really hope that a fourth book is written because I really want to find out what happens after the cliff hanger and continue enjoying this series. Actually I think that it is impossible for there to not be a fourth book because the end of deadlock is the beginning of a new story that links in with the previous one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anybody know when the fourth book is coming out? I can't wait!! I love this series soo much and reading them just makes me happy and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete