Friday 25 May 2012

Review: Double-Cross by Sophie McKenzie

Narrated by Nico, Double-Cross is full of telekinetic action as the Medusa Project team arrive in Sydney, Australia, for another exciting mission - and come face-to-face with two more Medusa teens: Cal, a boy who can fly, and Amy, a girl who can shapeshift...but who is double-crossing who?


I enjoyed every other book in this series, and I was glad I finally managed to read this :).

The book was very fast paced - within the first or second chapter things were happening.  It was very exciting, with events happening very close to each other and with no boring bits at all.  It was slightly unrealistic at times (minus the fact the characters had powers), but many books like this are.

It was narrated by Nico, one of the main characters.  For some reason he annoyed me in this book, but not in the others so much - I don't know if the author intended that or if it's just me, though!  I thought having the chapters from differant character's points of view, like in the last book, but it wasn't something I would have noticed if I hadn't read the last book before tis one.  I like how in this series all the characters are very differant, making them more interesting to read about than a bunch of similar people. 

At times this book was a little predictable, and I could almost guess what would happen at some parts.  However, some bits of the book were quite unexpected!  It ended on a litte bit of a cliffhanger - if I hadn't already read the last book I would be dying to read it! 

I also liked the cover of this book (and others in the series) - the cover has an action packed feel to it, which suits the book.

I would reccomend this book to fans of books with some action. I did enjoy this book, but I thought some bits were a bit predictable but it wasn't boring at all and was an exciting read.  If you're thinking of reading this, definately read the books before it in the series first - it might be a bit confusing otherwise.

Rating: 4/5

1 comment: